This is the first episode of a brand new weekly vlog I’m starting specifically for this elasson blog!
Who I Am and What I Do
Starting a vlog – Why?
- I believe video is a huge part of the future. I want to learn to get better at it and produce more of it more easily. Do it consistently and learn it well.
- Thinking of it as an exploration in authenticity (part of why it’s the future). Web is a construct of ourselves. Video recording is unforgiving. No time to edit.
- I’ve had a strange path since I graduated. Blogging. Church / ministry. Work. Websites. Business. I am now 29 years old. Making many decisions. I have a few goals for this last year of my 20s. Doing this vlog is one of them. I want to record the thoughts, processes, and developments I am / we are in the middle of.
- I now have multiple blogs. Elasson – what it is. Never share it. This will force me to use it more and do what it’s made for.
Here’s my goals for it:
So that’s why I’m doing this. I don’t know if anyone will care or want to watch it. I would if I knew someone else, like-minded, who was doing one!
- Vlog at least once a week. – minimum. Stretch goal is two per week.
- Give it only 2hrs per week at most! (Not much caring about how well it’s edited and produced).
- Not care about the metrics at all.
- Be authentic and open. Talk through decisions and be real.
- Post them all on Elasson.com.
Alright, that’s it for the first one! Many more to go!
Like I said in the video, I’m actually kinda nervous about this endeavor, but I’m pretty excited too. If you have any questions or things to talk about with me, let it be known! It’d be helpful for me and I’d love it! Submit right here on Elasson.com by clicking the link that says “chat” or just leave a comment below!
If you have any questions or things to talk about with me, let it be known! It’d be helpful for me and I’d love it! Submit right here on Elasson.com by clicking the link that says “chat” or just leave a comment below!